With screen printing t-shirts, you may either create your own t-shirts or use among the standard designs provided by individuals firms specializing in t-shirt printing. However if you wish to create your own t-shirt, there are specific facets of screen printing you’ll know, simply because they effect on the kind of design you should use.
First, a short description of what’s involved with screen printing:
Screen Printing T-Shirts: the procedure
a) The Screen
Previously this method was referred to as silk screen printing, since the screens used were created from silk. It had been a well known printing technique in China, therefore, the silk, but modern polymer fibres now enable us to make use of synthetic screens that are significantly less costly.
Even though the artwork is required prior to the screens can be created, a reason from the technique is going to be necessary so that you can comprehend the limitations inside your design. First, a mesh is needed with holes big enough to permit a lot of it to become squeezed through it. A typical mesh is going to be 110 (110 threads/inch), with lower for thicker inks and block images, and greater for thinner inks and much more definition.
The mesh is coated having a light-sensitive emulsion, and also the artwork placed directly under it. Light is uncovered up with the screen, where the sunshine hits the screen, caffeine solidifies so they cover the mesh. The look area stops the sunshine, then when the screen is washed, the part of the design is obvious of emulsion, as the rest is solid. This is correct whether screen printing t-shirts or other item.
b) The Printing
The screen is mounted inside a box, and also the outfit is positioned underneath the box. Ink is put in to the box along with a tool referred to as a ‘squeegee’ is pulled across, forcing a lot of it with the mesh. A lot of it will be dried, departing the look around the t-shirt.
Understandably, this method is appropriate just for just one colour per printing since one colour could be put within the mesh box or they’d run together. For additional colours, the procedure needs to be repeated. Only delineated regions of individual colour could be printed, so it’s difficult to merge one shade into another when screen printing t-shirts.
It ought to be apparent that the new screen is required for every different colour unless of course the pattern is the same. This increases the cost, and screen printing t-shirts is costly for individual clothes. There’s a set set-up cost after which yet another cost for every colour. The greater t-shirts which are printed inside a run, then your cheaper it will get for everybody outfit.
Other printing methods, for example digital printing, can print multiple colours with no rise in cost. Why use screen printing for t-shirts as opposed to just digital? There are a variety of reasons:
Benefits of Screen T-Shirt Printing
* Screen printing is beneficial should you create your own t-shirt with large regions of block colour. Digital printing, along with other methods, cannot print large areas as effectively as screen.
* Screen printing t-shirts is extremely opaque, and may cover any deep colour beneath it. Digital printing struggles to print light shades on the top of dark, for example pale blue on vibrant yellow, without them searching eco-friendly.
* Screen printing is ideal for whites, as well as with DTG jet printers, white-colored on dark frequently lasts a maximum of 2 or 3 washes. Screen inks are much more stable and therefore are thicker so give greater coverage. You’ll need offer no specific washing instructions.
* Screen is very economical for those who have just one colour, and for those who have longer runs screen beats other means of economy and cost.
* The shades are better and stick out more when screen printing t-shirts
Negatives of Screen Printing T-Shirts
However, there’s also a couple of negatives to screen printing t-shirts, namely:
* Too costly for small orders using more than one colour within the design.
* Needs time to work: most t-shirt printers will quote two days or even more.
* You’ve limitations in your artwork.
However, while screen t-shirt printing comes with a couple of negatives connected using the technique, it’s nonetheless liked by most buyers and t-shirt designers due to the benefits.
The printers themselves will prefer digital types of DTG printing, however if you simply look for a t-shirt printer which will print your clothes with your personal design using screen in an acceptable cost, you’ll have better and much more durable t-shirts than or no other method was employed.
On the flip side of silk screen printing Singapore is that if you want to print small quantities then it is not cost friendly. It also becomes expensive if you want to use a lot of colors. Gradient colors do not go well with silk screen printing.