There is an increasingly popular natural remedy now entering mainstream use that scientific research studies are showing can benefit the sufferers of a wide range of medical illnesses and mental health disorders; this naturally occurring substance is called CBD oil. This short article will introduce you to this wonderful new product, who it can help and how to take it.
What Is CBD Oil?
CBD oil is produced from a chemical compound found in the Cannabis plant; its full name is Cannabidiol, and once extracted from the host plant, it is mixed with other natural plant oils to form the end product. There are some who have concerns regarding its more infamous brother compound THC, but CBD does not contain any psychoactive properties which give a person the sensation of getting high. Its use is now on the increase, as are the number of products such as CBD vape oil, edibles and oral solutions that contain CBD oil, with recent television advertising highlighting its entry into mainstream use.
Ongoing Medical Studies
Medical case studies into CBD’s uses continue to produce an increasing amount of positive data showing that CBD oil is helpful to a wide range of illnesses and health disorders. This is due to the effect CBD has on the body’s neurotransmitters that communicate with the brain when a person is in pain. The illnesses where positive results have occurred are –
- Chronic pain sufferers with arthritis, multiple sclerosis, and spinal problems.
- People with mental health disorders such as anxiety, insomnia, or depression.
- Cancer Patients – an easing of side effects and symptoms may be possible.
- Those with Epilepsy or other similar neurological disorders.
- High blood pressure and its effects.
- Patients who are undergoing Opioid abuse treatments.
The Different CBD Oil Products
Health food stores and online retailers now stock an increasingly diverse range of CBD oil products which take the form of various products, which include –
- Balms and lotions that are rubbed directly into the skin and absorbed in the bloodstream.
- Edible products such as sweets and gummies, this is a slower method of taking CBD oil as they must first be digested.
- Oral tinctures that are dripped under the tongue or added to a drink, this has found to be the fastest-acting way to take CBD oil.
Another method for taking CBD oil is using a vaping device and one of the many CBD oil e- liquids; if you are already vaping, this might be your best option, as testing shows Cbd oil is easily absorbed by the body by vaping.
Is There a Downside?
When you start to take CBD oil, it is recommended to begin with a lower-strength CBD oil and work upwards; while considered to be safe to use, some users may experience possible side effects that might include diarrhoea, fatigue and possibly changes in appetite. If in doubt, speak with your medical professional before using CBD, especially if you are already taking prescription medication; there may be a chance that CBD oil could interact with the meds you are already taking.
Further research is recommended, but hopefully, this article has given you a helpful introduction to the possibilities available through using CBD oil.