Bike is the preferred choice of commute for most people. This is primarily due to the convenience provided by bikes in making travel easy, even in narrow lanes and traffic jams.
Even if you are an alert biker, you never know when a rowdy rider or an impatient car driver might lose focus and cause an accident. Road accidents can happen anytime. The damage that accidents are capable of doing can bring about a lot of emotional stress and financial problems as well. Repairing the vehicle and treating injuries can be expensive. Therefore, it is ideal to purchase two-wheeler insurance to protect yourself from a financial crisis. By using any bike insurance checking app, you can easily compare various policies and find out the lowest premium for your bike.
Here is a step-by-step guide to purchasing 2-wheeler insurance online.
- When purchasing insurance online, the first step is to understand what these policies are and how they work. You can consult experts or your peers to know more.. The discussion may assist you in determining whether you require third-party or comprehensive coverage. Depending on the make and model of your two-wheeler, your premium will be different. For instance, the price of insurance for scooty would be much lower than one for a sports bike. *
- The next step is to conduct online research and compare the best insurance plans provided by various insurance companies. Understand what each insurance company offers and the premium amount. What additional features do they provide? How does the documentation and claim process work? You can get this information from the bike insurance checking app available online. *
- Check the Insured Declared Value (IDV) coverage offered for your bike. IDV is the value created by the difference between the manufacturer’s selling price and the depreciation value. IDV is helpful if a two-wheeler is stolen or destroyed. In exchange for the irreparable damage, the insurance company pays some compensation. *
- The company’s claim settlement ratio (CSR) must be favourable. You can read customer reviews on the company’s official website. Only choose a plan if the insurance company meets all the criteria. *
- Add-ons are optional and are available with comprehensive insurance policies. If you have used insurance services, you might have noticed that insurance companies provide optional features in addition to those mentioned in the original policy. If you want to include these add-ons, you must pay a higher premium. *
- Before purchasing two-wheeler insurance online, read the policy documents carefully. Read it to confirm benefits, features, and terms to understand the policy document better. *
- Before filling out an insurance policy form online, you may speak with a representative from the insurance company. This may help you resolve any doubts or concerns you may have. *
- Finally, you can make the payment for the two-wheeler insurance online. After that, you will get an email with a copy of your policy documents. You can instantly download and print the policy documents when you buy a two-wheeler policy online. *
* Standard T&C Apply
In the event of an unfortunate event, such as an accident or vehicle loss, a good insurance plan can save you from bearing the expenses. Keep a copy of your policy document with you whenever you ride your two-wheeler.
You can now buy two-wheeler insurance online using any bike insurance online app, as most insurance companies now offer online and app services.
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.